Sunday, February 19, 2012

5 Tips For Using Pinterest In Your Classroom | Edudemic

I love Pinterest - I think I may have already said this once or twice ;) - It is so visual and I find I am actually using the ideas I "pin." I think one of the other great things about it is I don't necessarily need to follow the site or blog the ideas came from - they are just one idea I like - so pinning them is the answer. I have a great board just for bookmark ideas that I use every month for our "Bookmark of the Month" project in the library - kids come to the library at lunch and make a bookmark. The stamped paint chips from the hardware store were a huge hit.

Someone else was wondering about educational applications for Pinterest and I use it to save lots of ideas for my classroom and courses. Here is a great article to support this:

5 Tips For Using Pinterest In Your Classroom | Edudemic

4 comments:

  1. I just signed up for Pinterest. I love how visual it is, too! I now need a few more hours in the day just to explore it and add to my boards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the article. I was really excited about using Pinterest and also love its visual appeal. But I have found pinning a bit cumbersome in my daily web wanderings. I have to log in, then add a descriptor- both of which seem to take forever on my server. This has discouraged me a bit from using it. Have you found this at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a "pin it" button installed on my toolbar so pinning anything I find online is only a one-click operation - I am usually always logged in to Pinterest and yes, I still have to write a brief description but you can get around that by just typing a period or a random letter. As for the speed, hmm, not sure about that.

      Delete
  3. Great article Lenora! I look forward to trying out Pinterest in the near future!

    ReplyDelete