Friday, February 17, 2012

Principal's Blog

I just spent the last hour helping my principal set up her new blog.  Her vision for her blog is very similar to Neil Kamide's from McMath Secondary in Richmond.  She would like this to be a form of communication with our parents and community.  We talked quite a bit about the kinds of posts she should begin with and how to make blog posting a "habit" so that she will keep up with it.  I have encouraged her to post several short posts in the next couple of weeks just to get used to the platform.  I also said she should try posting a photo, adding more links, and play around with a couple of templates to see what she likes.
 You will notice that I am "following" her blog so that I will know when she posts.  I told her that I would be emailing her if I don't see regular posts.  She is very excited about this new venture, so I believe she will make it a priority.

I also think that this new step will encourage others on our staff to use more social media in their classes and lives.  I have already linked the principal's blog on our school web site so I am hoping that when she sees people are following and reading the blog (through the stats) she will be encouraged to keep it current.

No comments:

Post a Comment